Benzodiazepines are also known as tranquilizers, a type of medicines. Commonly used to treat anxiety or insomnia. Xanax and Valium are also the familiar names of substance.
This median trigger tranquilizer chemical in brain and they work by triggering a tranquilizer chemical in the brain. Use of Benzodiazepine with other opiates like alcohol is very dangerous.
Benzodiazepine is used to resolve the health issues like
- Sleep disorders
- Alcohol withdrawal
- neurological imbalance
Due to its effects on the neurons that trigger stress and anxiety reactions, benzodiazepines are effective for treating a range of psychological disorders.
Benzodiazepines are normally only used as a short-term treatment for severe insomnia, as they can lead to dependence.
Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD):
Patients with generalized anxiety disorder suffers worry or anxiety and a number of psychological symptoms. Xanax are often used in the treatment of GAD.
Sometimes it often thinks of convolution, in which patient’s body shakes rapidly. This is basically an uncontrol electric disturbance in brain. Valium is used to treat Seizures.
Benzodiazepine has fast-acting anti-anxiety effects, that are very effective to treat panic attack. Doctors suggest short-term-use of this opiated substance during panic attack, it should not be used for more than 1 month.
Human brain made up of many different neurotransmitters. These are responsible to communicate message between brain cells and exicator cells (responsible to functional activity after communication between brain cells). In result, brain becomes excited and over-active. Tranquilizing transmitters send messages to brain cells to slow down activity in the brain and reducing the symptoms of anxiety. Drugs contain chemicals that add to the calming and keep the brain in a more tranquilized state.
Valium is one type of benzodiazepine. There are many different benzodiazepines which differs in potency.
Following are the types of benzodiazepines:
- Xanax: This is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of panic and anxiety disorders. Alprazolam is the most prescribed benzodiazepine in the U.S.
- Chlordiazepoxide, or Librium: Chlordiazepoxide is used for the management of alcohol withdrawal syndrome.
- Clorazepate: Clorazepate is a hypnotic, sedative used to treat severe insomnia and anxiety disorders.
- Valium: It is used to treat panic attacks, insomnia, seizures, restless leg syndrome, and alcohol withdrawal.
- Estazolam: Estazolam is an anxiety-reducing drug prescribed to deal the insomnia in short-term treatment.
- Flurazepam: Flurazepam is a sedative substance, which is used to treat anxiety in sleeping disorder.
- Oxazepam: It is used to control the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal and to treat anxiety and insomnia
- Temazepam, or Restoril: Temazepam is approved for the short-term treatment of insomnia.
The side effects of benzodiazepine usage may include:
- impaired coordination
- vision problems
- feelings of depression
The long-term use of benzodiazepines can also result in physical dependence. Trouble sleeping, feelings of depression, and sweating are the withdrawal symptoms of Xanax. If someone become addicted to this substance, it is hard to control the dependency without a proper therapy. If someone suddenly stop taking this substance, it can result in tremors, muscle cramps, and life-threatening seizures.
Therefore, it is important to take a proper medical treatment, to turn towards a normal person.
Benzodiazepine overdose is rarely fatal but if this substance is used to integrate with barbiturates, opioids, alcohol, or tricyclic antidepressants. It could be more harmful and leads drug dependency.
The most common symptoms of benzodiazepine overdose are central nervous system depression and intoxication with impaired balance and movement control. Slurred speech will also be a sign.
Flumazenil can be used as an antidote, but the person experiencing an overdose is observed and supported until the body has naturally cleared the drug.
It is misuse to help with sleep and relieve stress. Through respiratory depression it results in coma and sometimes death. Substance is also used to ameliorate in other drugs. People may become dependent in few weeks after using this.
- Dependency of the opiate is a growing health concern.
- This is becoming a serious public health issue.