Diabetes is a type of disease in human body in which blood sugar or blood glucose is too high Insulin is a Harmon that helps the glucose gets into your cells to give them energy. Glucose comes from the food we eat. You might prediabetic (Your blood level might higher than normal person but not higher enough to be called diabetes. We consider specific food for diabetes patient to control insulin level.
We have three different types of diabetes
- juvenile-onset diabetes: This is the type one of diabetic patient. In this stage body immune cells directly attacks the body cell that produce insulin it is usually called auto-immune reaction. Patients of type 1 have to inject insulin, if they do not have access to insulin they might die. This may affect teen agers or adults.
- used to be called non-insulin dependent diabetes or adult-onset diabetes: The diagnosis of type 2 occurs at any stage. In this stage body cells that are producing insulin starts making large amount of glucose or insulin that cause high blood glucose level. This may affect any age group.
- Alzheimer’s disease:People that have insulin resistance, in particular with type 2 diabetes have an increased risk of suffering from Alzheimer’s disease estimated to be between 50% and 65% higher. Many type 2 diabetics have deposits of a protein called amyloid beta in pancreas which is similar to the protein deposits found in the brain tissue of Alzheimer’s sufferers.
- Food for diabetes patient:
Following are the food, a diabetic patient can eat more and less.
You should use these a lot
- Use nuts olive oil, flax seeds
- Eat food rich in chromium and magnesium
- Use apple cider vinegar
- Fruit and vegetables
- Whole fruit rather than juice
You should eat these less.
- Bread made from whole grain
- High quality protein as eggs beans
- Processed meat and red meat.
- Low fat yogurt
- White bread, sugar cereals, refined pastas or rice
- Deep fried food
A balanced diet is not enough for a diabetic patient, food for diabetes patient has to be integrated with exercise, walk and stress maintaining tips, which are discussed blow.
- Drink a lot of water: To keep your body hydrated and sugar level in healthy limits, drink a lot of water. It will help your kidney to flesh out sugar blood through urination. It is a key to diabetics, if you drink a lot of water it will low risks of high sugar level.
- Maintain Fiber and carb Intake: It is specifically prescribed by specialist to increase fiber intake, it will slow carb sugar absorption and carb digestion. And control carbs because human body breaks carbs down in sugar and then insulin moves sugar into cells.
- Control your portions: Portions control help regulate calories intake and can lead to weight loss. It also helps reduce calories intake.
How to manage portions?
- Use small plates
- Measuring and weight portions
- Avoid fast food
- Eat slowly
- Keep a food journal or record of what you eat.
- Control stress level: Harmons such as glucagon and cortisol are secreted during stress. These Harmons cause high sugar level. Exercise, medication and relaxation reduces blood and sugar level for students. Exercise and mind relaxion methods like yoga help us to control insulin secretion problems. Controlling stress level through different strategies help us to insulin level.
- Maintain a log of Blood sugar level: Checking and maintain your sugar level through a log can help you to maintain sugar level. Monitor your sugar level daily, it will also help you to check out your body reaction about different suggested Food for diabetes patient. Keep track the number in log by measuring your blood sugar level daily.
- Get enough Quality sleep: Getting sleep enough is about both quality and quantity. To get a sufficient amount of sleep is really a healthy habit for diabetic patient.
In diabetes, your insulin level could increase or decrease. You have to make a balance in blood sugar level which is possible by generating a log about your daily insulin level, to monitor your daily diet effects on your body. In that way you can control your insulin level in more efficient way. It is not enough for a diabetic patient to eat a proper diet. In this contiguous case a diabetic patient also needs more health care with food for diabetes patient. Which includes proper sleep, a proper exercise routine and a walk about half to one hour long. It is also important to control your stress level because stress effects your blood pressure and blood pressure directly effects your sugar level.