8 principles in my diet and lifestyle that I follow every day
Many of my eating and lifestyle habits are changing. For example, I used to have a lot of snacks, but now I like to have 2-3 solid meals and keep the “clean” gaps between them.
- Vegetables are present in my every breakfast, lunch and dinner. No vegetables – no lunch. I try to make vegetables half of the meal or at least a third.
- After sweets I brush my teeth, and after berries and sour fruits I rinse my mouth.
- I try to set aside at least 15 minutes every day for exercises of such intensity that I manage to sweat. I learned about the benefits of this habit from detox specialists long ago – since then I have been practicing regularly. Sometimes it’s a brisk walk, sometimes squats, jumps, sometimes yoga with planks, and sometimes a game of catch-up with your daughter.
- At least 12 hours after dinner, my first meal begins the next day. Often the interval between my dinner and breakfast is 14 or 16 hours. I follow this principle flexibly, without timers – if I want to eat an apple before bed, I will eat it.
- I can try the neighbors’ chips and pour condensed milk over the curd cakes – I allow myself everything. For me, this is not a “forbidden”, from which the feeling of guilt immediately emerges, but a variety of tastes, a new impression or a desire to remember some taste from childhood. When there are no prohibitions in the head, and digestion is already adapted to a healthy diet, you want to eat all kinds of nonsense less and less.
- For over 10 years, I have been starting the morning with a large glass of water with lemon. We have lemons at home 365 days a year. I never substitute vinegar for lemon juice.
- I really like green tea (and quite strong), but if the tests show low iron, I try to drink no more than one or two cups a week. Green tea, black tea and coffee can interfere with iron absorption. Also, to increase iron, I include more greens, green juices in the diet and drink a natural herbal supplement Floradix Liquid Iron.
- If I feel heavy after a pizza or family meal, I drink hot water with ginger, lemon and honey and try not to fall on the couch, but to get out for a walk. Exercise always improves digestion (and mood too 🖖🏽).